The amazing story of two 40-something women on the path to matrimonial bliss

It just keeps getting better...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A New Groove

"What's been new with you?" Someone asked me this a couple days ago and I stumbled for an answer. I wasn't quite sure the context of the question--did he mean in the last month? week? 24 hours? What, indeed, is new with me? Well, as Teri and I have been known to say--everything and nothing.

We have started entertaining in the new house and that seems to be what makes it actually feel like a home. This is not to say that we are solidly in a new groove yet, but we're working on it.  We realized this past weekend that it has been exactly one month since our celebration and ceremony, sheesh, Life has just been flying along! This morning, as I am sitting at the dining room table looking out over the back yard, I have been thinking of the things I love about the new house so far:

  • Attached garage off the kitchen--3 steps down to our washer and dryer (almost-vintage, but ours and so far reliable) and then 12 steps out the back door to the clothes line.
  • A huge bath tub with plenty of room to roll around
  • Friendly neighbors and a good diversity mix
  • A kitchen large enough to waltz in
  • Warm-toned wood floors
  • The 8-minute walk to work (for me)
  • We can see the full moon from our bedroom windows
  • The sound of clucking chickens in the morning from next door
  • How easy it is for friends and family to find us
  • The joy of sitting on the front porch and watching the world walk, ride and wander by
Considering the past couple months, I don't know if I would have chosen to have a middle-age Wedding and then move into a new house all within days of each other. Heck, who am I kidding?  My optimistic temperament probably would have assumed it would be a an entirely-doable little challenge and while it was doable, it was a bigger challenge than we anticipated.  Would I do it all over again just to get to this new groovy phase in life?  Hmmm....maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment