The amazing story of two 40-something women on the path to matrimonial bliss

It just keeps getting better...

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Stop the World! I Want to Get Off (but Only to Catch My Breath)...

There is a great deal to do.  There is a great deal to think about. Some wedding related, some work related and some, well, just life related.  This is not a time that feels peaceful and calm and manageable.  No siree ma'am.

So, I decided yesterday that I was going to just let go (that was yesterday, this is today)--no more fussing over dog poop or work tasks I cannot possibly accomplish.  I decided I wasn't going to beat myself up over prioritizing or staying on top of every tiny detail.  What's the worst that could happen?

As I tried to get to sleep last night after bowling terribly as a sub on Teri's team (they ask, I say yes, even though I am not a stellar bowler and I embarrass myself)--all the letting go seemed to come unravelled.  What's up with that?  I must work harder at relaxing (ha!), make a to-do list for all the ways I'm not going to worry--well, you get the picture, I am not rocking the big Let Go.

The wedding seems monumental on a personal level, but the local racism and homophobia, increased white supremacist activity, poverty, homelessness, human services de-funding, and war in Afghanistan all seem pretty monumental too.  By the end of the day I can't imagine attending another meeting OR figuring out what to do about flatware for our celebration.  How does one do a decent ranking of what one can and cannot address? 

As I laid there fussing last night, perspective was a hard thing to come by--what I need is a break, a vacation, a personal assistant and a little bigger dollup of letting go...

No comments:

Post a Comment